Succinct Summations for the week ending November 1st, 2019
Negatives:1. One less terrorist in the world: US Special Forces kills ISIS founder and leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
2. Non-farm payrolls rose 128k m/o/m, above the expected increase of 90k.
3. Real GDP came in at an inflation adjusted 1.9% for Q3, above the expected 1.7%.
4. Unemployment rate came in at 3.6%, meeting expectations.
5. Personal income rose 0.3% m/o/m, meeting expectations.
6. Pending home sales index rose 1.5%, above the expected increase of 0.7%.
7. Same store sales rose 4.5% w/o/w, above the previous increase of 4.3%.
Y para la próxima semana:1. Chinese officials cast doubts on reaching a comprehensive long-term trade deal with the U.S.
2. Layoff announcements came in at 50,275 in October, up from the previous 41,557.
3. Jobless claims rose 5k w/o/w from 213k to 218k.
4. ISM Mfg Index came in at 48.3, 1 point below the expected 49.3.
5. Wholesale inventories fell 0.3% m/o/m, below the expected 0.2% increase.
6. Consumer confidence came in at 125.9 in October, below the expected 128.8.
7. Chicago Fed National Activity Index fell by 0.45 m/o/m, below previous increase of 0.10.